Last Updated on : 9th April, 2017
With the world famous television series’ sixth run over, fans are eagerly anticipating (with zeal, duh) for the start of the seventh season. Expected to be aired in early July, this Game of Thrones Season 7 is the second last of the well-planned eight-season run that will comprise of seven episodes (regrettably). Sadly, season eight will be the last season and in all, the directors have decided to add a total of only thirteen episodes (i.e. in season seven and eight, both). Talking of the upcoming season, it took nearly six months to film and is expected to be premiered around late-June or early-July. Winter had finally come to Westeros by the end of season six and it will definitely bring some dark perils along with it as it progresses. Speculations suggest that from now on, the series might entirely be according to the upcoming books in the series (by George R. R. Martin), The Winds of Winter, and A Dream of Spring. There is so much to write and so little words, sigh. Let us first start off with the *Previously on Game of Thrones* –
Also Check : Game of Thrones (About)
Game of Thrones Season 7 Release Date, Air Date, Premiere Date, Show Date :
Game of Thrones guys have made their habit of releasing new GOT season episodes in Spring, particularly in April, but this latest new season of Game of Thrones Season 7 will be premiered and aired a bit later. Game of Thrones Season 7 Watch Online release date, air date, premiere date, show date was leaked on IMBd which suggest that the latest season 7 of Game of Thrones would or might be released on June 25, 2017.
The first episode of Game of Thrones Season 7 is released and out. No official trailer or teaser is out for this world famous fantasy-drama TV series, but the internet is full of plenty of speculations and other fan theories regarding this season. Everywhere there is some new version of a fan theory, everywhere there is some old theory getting repeated. But, here is what all is most likely to happen in the first episode of the upcoming season of Game of Thrones.
Episode 1 Spoilers :
Let’s start off with the events that follow (most likely to) after what all has happened in the ‘Winds of Winter.’ The raven has arrived, bringing the news of the coming of winter to Westeros. A long winter awaits Westeros. With such a long winter, all kinds of perils and other eerie creatures will come lurking behind its snow.
The episode is most likely to open in the North, where Jon, Sansa, and Littlefinger are planning their next move. Sansa is intended on making Jon, the ruler of Westeros. With most of the houses in the north by their side, they have a good chance to conquer the Iron Throne. They even have House Arryn by their side, thanks to Petyr Baelish. But, Petry Baelish has something totally different in mind. He wants to make use of Sansa and gain his control over Westeros. Sansa, who has gone through so much till now, has become reluctant to all those cheap tricks which Petyr might throw at her. Littlefinger may even poison Sansa’s mind against Jon (as per plenty of Reddit users). Let’s see what happens next.
Episode 1 Predictions :
At King’s Landing, Cersei has crowned herself as the new ruler of Westeros. There is certainly some itch between her and Jaime. Jaime did not like Cersei’s tactics to become the queen which, in turn, caused Tommen’s (their incestuous son) life. Politics will be played as the plot for other happenings strengthens. This will provide a momentary pause to the episode since both Daenerys and Jon are interested in taking over the Iron Throne.
Daenerys is most likely to reach Westeros by then. As per speculations, she will be landing in the Iron Islands and that is a bad signal (we know why). Euron of the House Greyjoy, has killed his brother and his other kinsmen have ran away from his bloody hands. He has crowned himself as the ruler of the Iron Islands and is ready to face Daenerys Targaryen. He is intended on marrying her and with her by his side, he wants to rule over Westeros. Well, a good battle is expected in the upcoming episode(s).
It is pretty clear that this episode will be totally astounding. People are so much lost into the politics and the desire to rule the world that they have totally forgotten the great war that is about to take place. ‘Do not go gentle into that good night, rage, rage against the dying of the light.’
For more, tune into the season premiere of Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 1 on July 16, 2017. Valar Morghulis!
People are not afraid of what they know, they fear what they do not understand. People of Westeros were ignorant about the lurking threat in the snow, they were oblivious about the dark perils of the night. So much occupied in their politics that something way bigger than they could have thought of invaded their lands. Fans, winter is here, and it will be the longest one which the people of Westeros have ever witnessed. This winter will be the most ghastly and frightening.
Yes, the White Walkers are finally here! The Wall could not be saved by the daring Night’s Watch. The Wall succumbed to the walkers’ malice. The White Walkers led by the infamous Night King, have invaded Westeros from the north. They are advancing towards Winterfell and that is a bad sign for Jon and his army. The king in the north will have to face the White Walkers once again. Not to worry though, the legitimate Targaryen has got his Valyrian sword, Longclaw, ready to face them. But it is his poor allies which will have a hard time facing the gruesome walkers. Talking of which, the Stark siblings will reunite once again. Arya, as we know is already en route to Winterfell; and Brandon has already become the Three-eyed-Raven, residing in the north of Winterfell. All of them are about to meet each other and this will be the first time (after all the happenings) when all the alive Starks meet.
Episode 2 Spoilers :
At the King’s Landing, rather, Queen’s Landing, Cersei has gone rogue. She has already killed all of her present enemies and other arch nemeses. Now, she plans on defending her crown like the mad queen she is. Talking of which, Jaime is not at all pleased with Cersei. Though deep within he still loves her, he is still not ready to accept this new and more badass version of Cersei. Anyway, we will have to watch the entire episode to see how the story unfolds.
Episode 2 Predictions :
At Dragonstone, Daenerys has got hold of her ancestral seat. From there, she is readying an onslaught on the King’s Landing. She is intended on gaining her supremacy as the ruler of Westeros, a place which belonged to her father, Aerys II Targaryen. As we already know how Robert Baratheon usurped the throne and how Jaime Lannister killed the king, because of this Daenerys is all filled with anger and wishes to kill anybody (or everybody) involved.
Thus, another masterpiece is about to be premiered. Excitement and thrill is ought to be involved, because, it is Season 7 episode 2 of Game of Thrones. Valar Morghulis.
Some facts about Game of Thrones Season 7 :
- Great news; the High Sparrow is no more! How that old believer of the Faith of the Seven died a gruesome-yet-compelling death is quite satisfying (to some extend). Cersei did play her evil part. Instead of atoning for her sins before the gods, she played it wickedly (rather, slyly) and managed to kill all her foes with the infamous Wildfire. Tommen could not take it, hence he jumped to his death. Thus, she crowned herself as the new queen and will be the female version of Aerys (The Mad King) as she likes to Burn ‘Em All!
- Jon Snow, ah, that *spoiler* Targaryen who is being mistaken for being Eddard Stark’s bastard son! We all know now that he really isn’t a bastard, but the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Ironically, he is already being hailed as the King in the North. It was such an emotional scene when he and Sansa reunited. Well, let us not forget that Arya is heading towards the north as well.
- What not to say about Daenerys! Currently, she is the most powerful person in the Game of Thrones’ universe. She has got dragons, a powerful fleet, an equally dangerous army, and yes, Tyrion! What else can a competitor to the Iron Throne as for? Apart from being loved by those dear to her, she regards herself as the heir to the Iron Throne and wants to rule Westeros. Sadly, she does not know about Jon Snow’s lineage (neither does he himself). Their encounter will be great (if it ever happens).
- Never to forget the great Night King. The White Walkers are assembling behind the Wall and it is all set to be brought down by them.
Latest News and Buzz about Game of Thrones Season 7 (So Far) :
People/fans, massive spoiler alert! Season seven will be about a lot of great happenings and remarkable events. Let’s see, we have witnessed Cersei becoming the queen, Jon not really being a Snow, White Walkers getting ready to attack and yes, Dany all ready to set foot in Westeros. The internet is buzzing with all the news, expectations and other related stuff. Some of the prominent ones are as follows-
- The team has been more concealing than ever as they approach the end of the fantasy-drama series. Being very secretive about the stuff like shooting locations, new cast members and what not! But thanks to our paparazzi fanboys who managed to hunt down one such location in Croatia and caught a filming scene on his camera. Let’s just say Daenerys will meet Jon. You know what that means? Well, Euron (who is ready to face Daenerys) is going to get his ass beaten by the Mother of Dragons.
- With the filming and all done, the production team is currently in its post-production phase. The creators have delayed the air date by some weeks (than earlier) since they want to add more realism to it. They have fixed the premier date to be around mid-summer this year.
- Thanks to Entertainment Weekly, they revealed that the team has hired Jim Broadbent (one time Academy Award winner and famous for his role in Harry Potter) to be a part of the series.
- As mentioned before, this season will have only seven episodes and in all, there will be thirteen episodes. Hence, season eight (or the finale season) will be of six episodes.
- As per the website, makinggameofthrones.com, four official directors have been announced. They are Alan Taylor, Mary Mylod, Jeremy Podeswa (not so unfamiliar names) and a newcomer to the family, Matt Shakman.
- We can expect some really costume work in this season as well because Michele Clapton (three-time Emmy winner) has returned to design the costumes for the cast. She won the Emmy for Outstanding Costumes for seasons two, four and six.
Game of Thrones Season 7 Full Cast
From some of the old classics, to some new entrants, Game of Thrones Season seven will have it all.
- Kit Harrington will return as destiny’s child, Jon Snow (Snow, really?).
- Peter Dinklage as epitome of splendour, Tyrion Lannister.
- Lena Heady as the new queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Cersei Lannister.
- Emilia Clarke as the Mother of Dragons, Unburnt etc. Daenerys Targaryen.
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister (the loyal kingsguard).
- Maisie Williams as Arya Stark.
- Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark.
Apart from the aforementioned cast (duh), people are speculating Joe Dempsie’s return as Genry as people have not seen much of him since he was last seen rowing his boat away from danger. Also, he being Robert Baratheon’s bastard son has got some role to play, right?
According to sources, the team has hired Jim Broadbent and as per his achievements in acting, we can expect him to play an important role in the upcoming season(s).
A relatively new entrant to the series, Tom Hopper will be seen as Dickon Tarly, younger brother of Samwell Tarly. The Tarlys also have an important role to the storyline. Sam had ran off with his family’s Valaryian steel sword and his father wasn’t at all happy about it.
Setting, Shooting Locations, Production, Designing of Game of Thrones 7
- As per creators David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, this season will also be exclusively original (just like the previous season), and just to keep even the book-readers satisfied, some stuff will also be adapted from George R. R. Martin’s upcoming books The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. (Latter one being a ‘supposed’ adaptation for the eighth season).
- Just like the previous seasons, the famous duo Benioff and Weiss return to handle the directorial side of the series. Alan Taylor, Jeremy Podeswa, Mark Mylod and a new entrant, Matt Shakman will be directing the episodes for this season.
- As per George R. R. Martin, he had met with the production team for the series and he even hinted that the audience may expect some original content from the seasons that will follow. His upcoming aforementioned novels might not be considered much as the creators want an original script. Game of Thrones Season 7 Watch.
- Game of Thrones is famous for its exquisite locations and magnificent landscapes. This time the filming took place in the Spanish cities Seville, Caceres, Almodovar de Rio, Santiponce, Zumaia and Bermeo. As per Wikipedia, “Spanish sources announced that the series would be filming the seventh season on Muriola Beach in Barrika, Las Atarazanas, the Royal Dockyards of Seville and at the shores of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, an islet belonging to the city of Bermeo.” So we can expect some more surreal and breathtaking scenes.
- Members of Bastille, members of a British indie pop band are also set to make a cameo appearance in the forthcoming season.
- The main actors and getting paid hugely by HBO as they have got their salaries hiked up to half a million dollars per episode (for season seven and eight). Some reports even stated that they have got their salaries hiked up to 1m dollars/episode. Well, that is huge (just like the series itself), isn’t it?
- Rather than the classic ten-episode-per-season approach, creators have decided to add merely seven episodes this season. They want to make a total of thirteen episodes in seasons seven and eight. That said, season eight (or finale) will have just six episodes (sad). Apart from that, a production-teaser was launched at the Comic-Con last year. It raised a lot of heat and made the fans crave for more. Well, people can expect a proper teaser to be around the internet soon (somewhere near April). Ramin Djwadi returns as the music composer for the upcoming seasons, so, some great background scores coming up.
Previously on Game of Thrones
Season 6 of Game of Thrones was a huge success and undoubtedly the best season till date. The seasonal finale had 9+ million viewers making it the most viewed television series of the time! Congratulations to HBO (and to the fans, of course). Season six even had the biggest trailer release in HBO’s history, getting 30m viewers in 24 hours! That’s more than a million views every hour. Huge! Season six received a total of nine Emmy awards, with Battle of the Bastards being the showstopper. Let us briefly explain whatsoever has happened so far:
The first episode in season six focused on Melisandre and her deep hidden secret. The internet went nuts when it was found out that she wasn’t the readhead they had dreamt of, but in reality, she was an old hag who needed her necklace to disguise her into a charmer. Thanks to Melisandre (and her Lord of Light) Jon Snow was revived because of her. He did hang those who were guilty of treason and stabbing him. Later, Oathbreaker involved plenty of flashbacks which were witnessed by the warger, Bran. It even listed the Tower of Joy flashback. The fans were enthralled as they knew that those flashbacks meant a lot more than they actually depicted. Sansa meets Jon later on, beyond the Narrow Sea, Daenerys rises to power once again.
The previous season did a lot to empower the women around Westeros. The Door broke hearts of millions of fans as they had to witness the death of the adorable Hodor. It told us about Hodor’s story and also that his real name was Wylis. Hodor sacrificed his life to save Bran and Meera Reed from the White Walkers. (Spoiler alert, Hodor and Summer will return as White Walkers). After 50+ episodes, we finally see Benjen Stark. He saves Bran and Meera from the walkers and tells them about his encounter with the walkers and how he was attacked and saved by dragonglass. In the next episode, people are reintroduced to Sandor Clegane (aka the Hound). The last time he was seen was when he was left for dead. People went crazy over the internet as they are quite sure that the upcoming season (or season eight) will definitely have a Cleganebowl. Arya Stark manages to kill Walder Frey. This show that the Starks are rising once again. They have always been seen in suppressed form since the end of season one. Ramsay Bolton is defeated by Jon Snow and later on, he gets the death he deserved. Getting eaten by his own loyal dogs. Oh, the irony! And finally, the seasonal finale sums up everything Game of Thrones is about. There was drama, there was treachery, there was action and there was emotion. We have witnessed the beauty of direction and storytelling through mere background music in the seasonal finale, The Winds of Winter. Every bad guy either gets killed or gets defeated, and the audience is hinted at a bigger enemy that is coming with winter. Yes, the White Walkers are at the Wall and it is about to fall. People in the north need to fasten up their gear because Winter has come and it has brought some dark perils along with it.
Decoding the trailer of Game of Thrones Season 7
Watch the official Game of Thrones Season 7 In Production Trailer (HBO) below
Game of Thrones fans received a small token of appreciation from HBO at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con; a new production-trailer of the series that had some scenes from the upcoming season. The fans left no stone unturned at decoding/deciphering the trailer and the following observations were made-
- As hinted by GamesRadar, it is the year of the Ladies of Winterfell. The trailer revealed Cersei’s throne room being set up, Sansa getting a seat (chair) at Winterfell and many weapons being prepared (hinting a war).
- The trailer was quite brief and not much can be depicted from it. Before hinting at anything else, let us just wait for the first actual teaser to be out.
- Why late start to this season? Well, Winter has come, people. Creators have said that it is just to add on to the setting of this season.
Game of Thrones Season 7 Spoilers
Jon Snow is in Winterfell along with Sansa. Arya, after killing Walder Frey, is also heading towards the north to join Jon and his companions. But plenty of Reddit users are suggesting that there will be a twist involved to it. Melisandre, who has been banished by Jon (for making Stannis burn Princess Shireen) is moving south. She will eventually meet Arya and there will be some story involved to it as well. Apart from that, Daenerys is heading towards Westeros. Although she might (rather, will) encounter Euron at the Iron Islands, she will defeat him and meet Jon in the north. That would be a scene worth watching. But social media was full of images with Tyrion standing behind Jon, about to speak to him. People said that it might be behind the scenes or Kit and Peter just hanging out. Others say that it was a scene from one of the upcoming episodes and the internet went crazy.
Also Check : Game of Thrones Season 7 Spoiler | GOTS07 Spoiler
We all have seen that Jon is not at all Ned Stark’s bastard son. According to the books, he is Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark’s son and Jon will find out this in the upcoming season. If not in season seven, Jon will definitely find out his true lineage in season eight. For now, only Bran knows this deep hidden secret.
Also Check : What is Game of Thrones All About? (Spoiler)
Euron Greyjoy is residing in the Iron Islands. With Yara and Theon gone, he is getting ready to attack and kill them. Daenerys, who has left for Westeros, will eventually meet Euron and there will be a battle. People have even speculated that one of her dragons will die. One Reddit user even said that it would be Drogon (since the show is infamously famous for killing off the main characters). Anyway, she will defeat Euron and then head towards the north where she will meet Jon Snow. Let us see how will this encounter of the ‘Targaryens’ be like.
Thanks to the episode, The Broken Man, we have seen that the Hound is alive. As per Mashable, ‘His character represents the struggle between redemption and the desire for revenge.’ Well said, his character is seeking revenge and that is why he has been reintroduced. Game of Thrones is famous for killing off the characters; this one (Sandor Clegane) has returned from the dead (considering that he was left for dead). So, he will be one of those for killing off the characters; this one (Sandor Clegane) has returned from the dead (considering that he was left for dead). So, he will be one of those With the look on Jaime’s face, he certainly did not like Cersei duping him to go fight for her and claiming the Iron Throne to herself. Our beloved kingsguard will make sure that she dies the death she deserves. After all, a Lannister always pays his debts, right?
The protectors of the Wall (the Night’s Watch) will not be able to hold the Wall for long when it will be attacked by the White Walkers. Thus, the Wall will fall. This wall cause the walkers to enter into Westeros and there will a bit of The Walking Dead feel to it then (The Walking Dead circa. 1300). The Night King is ready to invade into whatever there is beyond the Wall. A lot of action coming up, people. Talking of Bran, he will become the Three-Eyed Raven and his actions would be necessary to decide the fate of the people of Westeros.
Game of Thrones Season 7 Predictions
This year will be the year of the Ladies of Westeros. Almost every woman we know of, has risen from ashes. Cersei has killed all those responsible for her humiliation, Daenerys has got the entire Dothrak under her control (not to forget her powerful army of the Unsullied), Sansa has met Jon and is at Winterfell, and Arya has killed the Waif and even killed Walder Frey. Now she is heading towards Winterfell. That will definitely be a sight for sore eyes when finally all the Starks will reunite at Winterfell.
We will get to witness more of the events that had happened in Westeros before, through flashbacks. Bran will probably be seeing all these flashbacks. The audience has already witnessed Aerys Targaryen (shouting, “Burn ‘em all!”) and it already aroused interest of a lot of people and made people on social media go gaga. So, we can expect more of the Mad King in the upcoming season. Talking of the Targaryens, we might even encounter Rhaegar Targaryen (Jon’s biological father) and get to know about his relationship with Ned Stark’s sister, Lyanna Stark.
Sam has run away along with Gilly after stealing his ancestral Valyrian steel sword. Randall Tarly (his father) is really pissed off with what Sam has done and he will surely come after him. The audience needs a good end to Sam’s story, since he has been alive for so long. We expect that there is more father-son rivalry to come (but we’re only left with thirteen episodes). Let us see what happens next.
Melisandre has been banished by Jon Snow and has been told to head south, never again to be seen in the north. As we all already know Arya is traveling towards the north, both of them might encounter each other. Since we all know that Arya had Melisandre’s name on her list, she will leave no stones unturned to get her killed.
Thus, there is a lot of stuff coming up in the forthcoming season of Game of Thrones and it ought to raise the heat and expectations. The series has been a constant hit and has been consistently breaking all the records. Come July and we will see how everything unfolds. In the end, may the true ruler rule over Westeros. And yes, be alert and careful, because Winter has come. Valar Morghulis.